If your business depends on appointments, you need to ensure people can easily book your services. Without an online system in place, you and your customers will have to rely on email or phone scheduling, which is both inefficient and leaves more room for error. A WordPress booking plugin may be the solution you need.
Installing a simple booking plugin on your website will enable customers to make their own appointments when it’s convenient for them. You can sync this information with your own calendar to keep your schedule up to date.
In this article, we’ll take you through our top five WordPress booking plugins to transform your website into a functional online reservation system. We’ll also give you an overview of their top features. Let’s dive in!
- 1 Why you may need a WordPress booking plugin
- 2 Five of the best WordPress booking plugins
- 3 Conclusion
Why you may need a WordPress booking plugin
A WordPress booking plugin is more than just a calendar. It’s an advanced scheduling and data management system that lets your guests make their own appointments and provide all the necessary details for you to complete your services without disrupting your busy day.
Whether you run a salon, event venue, restaurant, hotel, rental company, gym, or provide any type of service that involves time slots, you can benefit significantly from using a booking plugin. Such a tool can improve your:
- Operational efficiency: You’ll cut down on time and associated costs of taking reservations over the phone or email, giving you the capacity to focus on more crucial tasks.
- Customer experience: Without the hassle of having to call and wait on hold or catch you during business hours, your customers can easily pick a suitable date and time when it’s convenient for them.
- Competitive advantage: Your clients will likely appreciate your superior booking experience, and you can avoid losing customers because your phone lines are busy.
Overall, booking plugins are one of the easiest ways to streamline appointment management for your business. If you play your cards right, you may not only see an increase in your productivity but in your revenue as well.
Five of the best WordPress booking plugins
Now that we’ve convinced you to use a booking plugin, let’s look at some examples. Below are five of the best WordPress booking plugins and their top features.
Appointment Hour Booking is a freemium WordPress plugin that lets you create booking forms for appointments with defined start times and durations. It’s versatile and can adapt to all kinds of scheduling needs, such as events, doctor’s appointments, personal training sessions, and more.
This plugin integrates with Apple and Google calendar systems, so you can keep your schedule in order with ease. It also pairs nicely with various email marketing platforms so you can keep clients engaged and send important updates regarding your services.
- Offer booking for multiple services with their own prices and durations
- Set your preferred workdays and times so customers know when you’re available
- Automatically restrict availability to prevent double-booking
- Send customizable email notifications to remind customers of upcoming appointments
There is a premium version of this WordPress booking plugin that includes a visual form builder and add-ons such as cancellation and SMS notifications. It also lets you link with payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe. Pricing starts at €5.99 per month.
Another free option to consider is Booking Calendar. This plugin helps you create a robust appointment scheduling system with a sleek, calendar-based interface. Its scalable functionality makes it suitable for businesses of all sizes.
In addition to scheduling services such as haircuts or housekeeping, Booking Calendar can display property availability, which makes it suitable for travel lodging and equipment rentals.
- Enables you to block double-booking or allow for multiple bookings on the same day
- Redirects customers to a specific page after booking where you can collect more information or thank them for their business
- Syncs with travel reservation sites including Airbnb, Booking.com, and TripAdvisor
- Provides a booking form block to easily incorporate scheduling functionality on any page
The premium version of Booking Calendar includes more customization options and numerous advanced features such as rescheduling, cancellations, and advanced payments. You can purchase it for a one-time payment of $59.25 for use on a single site.
PluginHive’s WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments is a powerful tool that is particularly appealing if you already use WooCommerce to sell your services. You can convert your existing products into bookable ones, so there’s minimal configuration required.
You can also use this WordPress booking plugin to charge an additional booking fee on top of the cost of your product or service. It supports fixed time slots and date ranges to customize your availability as well.
- Automatically converts WooCommerce products into bookable services
- Prevents double-booking through a user-friendly calendar display
- Offers advanced calendar customization so your booking system will match your site’s design
- Enables you to configure month-long bookings (handy for long-term rentals)
You can download WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments for free from the developer’s website (although it’s not available in the WordPress Plugin Directory). The paid version includes additional features such as staff management, Google Calendar syncing, and more. Licenses start at $99 per year for a single site.
Amelia boasts modern booking features and a playful interface. It’s simple to use, yet powerful enough to give you full control over all aspects of your appointments.
This WordPress booking plugin can let customers choose to book services with a specific staff member who has an account on your site. This makes it perfect for businesses such as massage parlors, doctor’s offices, and stylists.
- Intuitive, calendar-based back end dashboard with comprehensive reporting and appointment management
- Integration with WooCommerce and Zoom for payment processing as well as virtual appointments
- Email notifications to remind customers about upcoming appointments
- A built-in services catalog so customers can select their preferences
In addition to the free version of Amelia, there is a premium version that offers even more advanced functionality. Its features include SMS notifications, group bookings, and more. Pricing starts at $59 per year.
As its name suggests, Salon Booking System is a robust booking plugin geared towards businesses that provide beauty and wellness services. However, it’s flexible enough that you can adapt it to meet the needs of other businesses as well, including repair shops and sporting facilities.
In addition to its front end booking system, this plugin offers two-way Google Calendar syncing so your schedule is always up-to-date across platforms. You can also customize the appearance of your booking forms to suit your taste.
- Send reminder and follow-up notifications via email, SMS, or WhatsApp
- Integrate customer feedback surveys so you can continue to improve your business
- Offer multiple payment gateways including popular options such as PayPal and Stripe
- Create advanced booking rules to set your availability and prevent double-booking
The free version of Salon Booking System offers plenty of features to get you started. For more advanced functionality, you can upgrade to the premium version for €69 per year.
No matter what niche your business is in, if your financial success depends on reservations and appointments, you need a reliable and customer-friendly online booking system. This can not only save you time, but also prevent mistakes and boost your revenue.
To help you find the ideal solution, we’ve discussed some of the best WordPress booking plugins:
- Appointment Hour Booking: Simple appointment booking functionality, ideal for those on a tight budget.
- Booking Calendar: Perfect for short-term rentals using sites such as Airbnb or Booking.com.
- WooCommerce Bookings And Appointments: Best for WooCommerce users.
- Amelia: A premium booking experience with an affordable price tag, and our overall top pick.
- Salon Booking System: An advanced, comprehensive tool for managing large volumes of bookings.
If you’re ready to get started, check out our tutorial on how to accept appointment bookings on WordPress.
Do you have any questions about which is the best WordPress booking plugin for your needs? Ask away in the comments!