Finding the best inventory management software is important, that’s a fact!
Inventory management software will not only help you better track and organize your warehouse, but it will also help you cut down on hardware expenses. Through the software, companies can manage problems like product overstocking or outages, and they can effortlessly manage orders, sales, and deliveries.
However, checking out all the different inventory management software options could be a bit tedious. So, we have collected some of the best options and shared our picks for the top five.
Through this post, you will be able to thoroughly explore the top inventory options, as well as their features and pricing plans.
- 1 Five of the best inventory management software solutions
- 2 Which is the best inventory management software?
Five of the best inventory management software solutions
NetSuite is an all-in-one business solution to help you with inventory management, accounting, and marketing. NetSuite is helpful for businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Think of it as a cloud-based inventory system that brings together the back-office and financial processes on a single dashboard.
NetSuite was acquired by Oracle in 2016, so it has the resources of a billion-dollar company behind it.
- Multilingual support
- Revenue recognition
- Built-in business intelligence
- Retail inventory management
- Over 350 integrations
- Global support
- Production identification
- Multi-warehouse support
- Integrated POS
- Order management
- Supply chain management
- Fully responsive
- Multi-currency feature available
- Dropshipping option
- Tax compliant
Pricing starts at $99/month. Alternatively, you can sign up for a free Netsuite ERP demo on their website.
The only reason Zoho Inventory is in the second position is because of some extras NetSuite has to offer like forecasting. Putting that aside, Zoho Inventory is the best inventory management software in the marketplace.
Zoho Inventory is tightly integrated with other apps in the suite. You can use this software for both inventory tracking as well as creating sales orders and invoices.
Zoho Inventory also has a built-in integration for WooCommerce.
- Multi-channel support for Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Shopify, and more
- Inventory reports
- Order fulfillment with integrations for 40+ shipping carriers
- Calculate real-time shipping rates and print labels
- Multilingual and multi-currency
- Backorders available
- Invoicing and billing available
- Multiple store integration
- CRM software
- Dropshipping option
- Android/iOS support
- Free setup assistance
Zoho Inventory has scalable pricing options. Their plans are solely based on usage limits for limits such as:
- Online orders per month
- Offline orders per month
- Shipping labels per month
- Shipment trackings per month
This means you only pay for the features you want depending on your business size.
The four plans are:
- Free – $0
- Basic – $49
- Standard – $99
- Professional – $249
You can also use Zoho add-ons for adding to your usage limits.
Ecomdash is a fairly simple cloud-based, multi-channel inventory management software that offers an interface to manage inventory, orders, and shipments from the same admin panel.
It is the best option for small to mid-sized inventories. You can easily manage multiple inventories using ecomdash.
Feature-wise, again ecomdash is one of the most unique inventory mapping systems. Check out a more in-depth feature list below.
In 2019, ecomdash was acquired by Constant Contact/Endurance International Group (EIG).
- Multichannel inventory management
- Integrations for WooCommerce, Shopify, Amazon, eBay, and more
- Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) management
- Unlimited support
- Order fulfillment with real-time shipping rates and label printing
- Set custom alerts
- Product SKU mapping
- eCommerce API
- Easy product and sales tracking
- Track manufactured items
- Bundles and multipack listing
- Free inventory resources
- Unlimited integrations
You can try this software with a 14-day free trial. Paid plans are slightly more sophisticated.
Their pricing is based on sales per month. For instance, if you have 100 monthly orders, you will have to pay $60 per month. If you have more than 10,000 orders, you’d have to reach out to ecomdash to set up a custom plan. Nevertheless, you can save 20% if you choose annual billing.
If you are looking for something that offers inventory-specific features, then Cin7 is for you.
Cin7 easily syncs online sales channels, POS systems, and third-party integrations to offer a comprehensive inventory interface.
This automated inventory platform syncs the physical and online channels to create a more efficient order processing. All this makes it good for everyone from startups to bigger brands.
- Multi-channel support
- Integrations for WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, eBay, Amazon, and more
- Flexible inventory methods
- Accurate profitability and costs tracking
- Inventory planning
- Higher stock visibility
- Pre-order/backorder management
- Built-in B2B functionality
- Barcode, batch, FIFO and serial tracking
- Dropshipping and return inventory management
- Single-click accounting synchronization
- Real-time reporting
- Custom inventory fields
- Mobile stocktaking
- Automated inventory adjustment
- Forecasting and kitting feature
- Supplier management
- Walmart integration
- Extensive setup resources
Although they have three pricing plans, you can unlock a plan for your inventory for as low as $299 per month.
Fishbowl is the best inventory management software for growing brands and enterprise customers. It seamlessly integrates with Quickbooks for better inventory management.
This software is fully-geared towards inventory automation. The work order system enables users to create and share work orders for a variety of tasks.
When talking about the setup process, Fishbowl offers a variety of training and support resources including starting-up videos, online tutorials, in-house experts, and more.
- Multi-channel inventory syncing
- Integrations for WooCommerce, Shopify, Amazon, and more
- Inventory costing
- Inventory tracking
- Centralized inventory database
- Stock history reporting
- Data exporting/importing
- Multi-warehouse routing
- Barcode support
- 3PL inventory management
- WYSIWYG editor
- Shipment integration
Fishbowl offers a good price based on the number of inventory-focused features it offers.
You’ll pay $4,395 for lifetime permanent ownership of the software. You’ll only need to pay again if you want to continue receiving support and updates after the first year.
Which is the best inventory management software?
As I said at the beginning of this post, finding the right inventory management software is important, especially when your business is growing.
Managing inventory and marketing at the same time is difficult, which means you need software that keeps you updated on what products you have in hand and create an effective marketing strategy accordingly.
Here are a few pointers to help you make a decision on which inventory management software to use:
- NetSuite – All-in-one solution for inventory management, accounting, and marketing.
- Zoho Inventory – Best budget inventory system for new startups.
- ecomdash – Inventory software with eCommerce features to grow your business in different directions.
- Cin7 – Good for small to mid-sized businesses looking for inventory management software.
- Fishbowl – A feature-loaded solution with Quickbooks integration.
Do you have any questions about choosing the best inventory management software for your store? Ask them in the comments!