Are you looking for the best Shopify product recommendation apps?
Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms for starting an online store, and the reason behind this is not only the beginner-friendly setup but also the tons of integrations for marketing and sales, one of which is product recommendation apps.
Shopify product recommendation apps are a smart way to retain your customers, recommend new products, boost average order value, and increase overall sales. And to help you with that, we have compiled a list of top product recommendation apps on Shopify.
- 1 Best Shopify product recommendation apps
- 1.1 1. Product Recommendation Quiz
- 1.2 2. LiveChat
- 1.3 3. Omnisend
- 1.4 4. Wiser
- 1.5 5. Ai Product Recommendations
- 1.6 6. Also Bought
- 1.7 7. LimeSpot
- 1.8 8. ReferralCandy
- 1.9 9. Tidio Live Chat
- 1.10 10. Rush
- 2 Which is the best Shopify product recommendation app?
Best Shopify product recommendation apps
Here are the Shopify apps we’ll be showcasing:
Product Recommendation Quiz is one of the most specialized product recommendation apps perfect for suggesting the most relevant products to your customers. The app uses a salesperson-like algorithm that asks personalized questions. You can use conditional logic and customize quiz questions to boost sales and reduce cart abandonment.
- Fully customize your quiz design with multiple display modes, fonts, and palettes
- Create human-like personal interaction using conditional logic
- Helps get customer details for lead capturing (i.e. re-targeting)
- Works with a wide variety of niche stores
- Integrates with popular CRMs for using quiz-based customer data in customer marketing campaigns
Product Recommendation Quiz is free for up to 100 responses per month. After this, they offer three premium plans based on your business needs.
LiveChat adds a chat widget at the bottom right corner for engaging with your customers. You can use it to send product cards (recommendations) and provide your customer with a personalized purchasing experience. Also, it shows a real-time view of your customers’ carts, allowing you to make suggestions based on what’s in them.
- Get detailed customer insights for personalization
- Unlimited chat history (higher-tier plans) and complete chat customization
- Reporting dashboard for easier monitoring
- 170+ integrations for multiple marketing campaigns
LiveChat pricing starts at $16 per month, allowing you 60 days of chat history. You can extend it further and add some more features using either of the two premium plans.
Omnisend is an automated Shopify product recommendation app. You can set up automated email & SMS marketing campaigns to recommend specific products based on product behavior. Since it uses segmentation for better targeting, you can easily select high-value customers and suggest products based on their group.
- Retain new customers by sharing trending products
- Use product recommender content block and automatically add new arrivals
- Setup post-purchase, cross-sell, and order follow-up workflow with recommended items
- Drive automated sales using pre-built workflows
You can get started for free. There is no charge for up to 15,000 emails per month and 500 contacts. In total, there are four different plans for small to enterprise-level businesses.
Wiser is one of the best Shopify apps specifically for improving average order value using upsells and cross-sells. This app provides multiple ways to recommend products.
- Personalized recommendations, thank you page recommendations, pop-up based, browsing-based, and more
- Custom product conditions like collections, tags, vendor, or type
- Send email recommendations using Klaviyo or Mailchimp integrations
- Awesome analytics dashboard for tracking conversions
Wiser is available for free until the monthly sales generated via Wiser reach $50. After this, you will be charged $9.99 per month for sales between $50 to 500 per month.
Ai Product Recommendations is an AI-based Shopify app for cross-selling and upselling campaigns. You can do tons of smart things like adding relevant recommendations, putting up a smart search bar, and delivering a good user experience.
- Fully customize your recommendation widget to fit your brand style
- Smart search bar for auto-complete, quick suggestions, synonyms, and recommendations
- Real-time analytics to check performance
- Showcase products as new arrivals, best sellers, trending, and so on
You can get started with Ai Product Recommendations for free. They offer up to 1,000 sessions per month. For unlocking more limits, they have five premium plans with custom pricing for stores having 250K+ sessions.
6. Also Bought
Also Bought is designed to boost average order value using cross-sell recommendations. What is exciting about it is its Amazon-like recommendation system featuring “customers who bought this item also bought” suggestions.
- Automation recommendation system based on a data mining algorithm
- Customize widget position or design
- Showcase product ratings below recommendations using popular review apps
- Setup manual recommendations for handpicked products
Also Bought offers a single pricing module that charges as low as $9.99 per month. There is no usage limit, and the free trial lasts up to 30 days.
Another AI-based recommendation platform on our list of best Shopify product recommendation apps is LimeSpot. LimeSpot analyzes product attributes, user behavior, and global trends to provide the most relevant product recommendation.
- Boost conversion rates using artificial intelligence
- Personalized recommendation pages linked in main menu
- Upsell/cross-sell on checkout page
- Uses segmentation for personalizing your customers’ journeys and providing better recommendations
- Visual editor offers complete customization for recommendations
- Track your performance using real-time analytics
LimeSpot pricing starts at $10 per month and offers unlimited traffic/orders. But you can have additional features such as email personalization, A/B/N testing, and the like by opting for higher-tier plans.
Another great way to use product recommendations to boost your sales is by using referral marketing. You can use this app to offer discounts every time your customers recommend your products to friends or family.
- Provides flexibility to customize your referral offer pages using a built-in editor
- Track referrals for monitoring the product conversion rate
- Automatically fulfill rewards for recommendations that turned into conversions
ReferralCandy charges $49 per month. You can also test this Shopify app with a 30-day free trial.
If you are a big fan of live chat-based recommendations and marketing automation, Tidio is definitely for you. Tidio Live Chat offers card messages boosting sales. You can also use this chatbot app to connect with your customers and offer a more personalized product suggestion.
- Rich widget customization options for recommendation cards
- Real-time visitor monitoring and multilingual support
- Auto-responds to customer queries for product information
Tidio Live Chat lets you get started for free and provides 100 chatbot triggers a month. But you can always send more using higher-tier plans.
Should you want to provide product recommendations on your order tracking page, Rush is the Shopify app for you. Though Rush is originally an order tracking app, you can also use it to offer upselling and cross-selling while your customer waits for his order.
You can both provide branded tracking experiences to your customers and upsells and cross-sells suggestions for sweet sales.
- Increase average order value using unique recommendation placements
- Claims a 10% higher conversion rate on upsell suggestions
- Fully customize your product recommendation widgets
You can get started with Rush for free.
Which is the best Shopify product recommendation app?
Shopify offers a wide variety of product recommendation apps for suggesting products to purchasers using quizzes, emails, chatbots, and so on. You can make recommendations at any stage, from the original product page to order tracking.
However, choosing the right Shopify app depends upon your business needs. You also need to make sure that your recommendation option fits with your Shopify theme. So, I’d like to end with this thought – all of the Shopify product recommendation apps in this list are good and work well, and you can go ahead and take your pick.
For some other useful apps, check out our full collection of the best Shopify apps.
Still have any questions about choosing the right Shopify product recommendation app for your needs? Let us know in the comments!